Your Privacy is Important to Us
In this policy, “we”, “us”, “our” or “Berries” means Berries World of Learning School, "CLS" means CLS International (1993) Pte Ltd, “you”, “your” or “yours” means the persons to whom this policy applies.
The security of your personal data is important to us. This policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, process and manage your personal data. This policy applies to any individual’s personal data which is in our possession or under our control.
By visiting our websites and web portals or using any other applications or software we provide from time to time (collectively the "Digital Platforms"), you accept and consent to the practices set out below.
Personal Data We Collect
“Personal data” is defined as information about an individual who can be identified from that data. Some examples of personal data that we may collect are:
- personal particulars (e.g. name, contact details, residential address, date of birth, identity card/passport details, mobile number, email address and/or education details);
- images and voice recordings of our conversations with you;
- images and video recordings in the premises;
- employment and franchising details (e.g. occupation, directorships and other positions held, employment history, salary, and/or benefits);
- personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys);
Usage of Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for our business purposes, such as:
- Assessing and processing registration, applications, instructions or requests (including transfers between Berries outlets) from you;
- communicating with you, including providing you with updates on changes to products and services (whether made available by us or through us) including any additions, expansions, suspensions and replacements of or to such products and services and their terms and conditions, informing on openings and closure of Berries outlets and activities, sending of greeting messages;
- developing and providing products or services
- responding to queries or feedback;
- addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- conducting surveys;
- verifying your identity for the purposes of providing products or services;
- complying with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, directives, orders, instructions and requests from any authorities;
- monitoring products and services provided by or made available through us;
- regulatory reporting, management reporting, audit and record keeping purposes;
- enforcing obligations owed to us; and/or
- seeking professional advice, including legal advice.
We may also use personal data for purposes set out in the terms and conditions that govern our relationship with you.
Use of Personal Data for Marketing Purposes
We may use your personal data to offer you products or services, including promotions and contests that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible.
If we have an ongoing relationship with you and you have not indicated to us that you do not wish to receive telemarketing messages sent to your Singapore telephone number and/or email address, we may send you telemarketing messages to that number and/or email address related to the subject of our ongoing relationship via short message service, electronic mail and other mobile messaging services.
You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
To find out more on how you can change the way we use your personal data for marketing purposes, please contact us (please see the “How to contact us” section below).
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
We may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to any personnel of Berries, CLS, authorised service providers and/or relevant third parties, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to such parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure.
You may also contact us for more information (please see the “Contact us” section below).
Berries does not sell personal data to any third parties and we shall remain fully compliant of any duty or obligation of confidentiality imposed on us under any applicable law.
You may set up your web browser to block cookies. However, if you do block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our Digital Platforms.
Third Party Websites
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
Access and Correction
You may request access or make corrections to your personal data held by Berries. Berries may charge a fee for processing your request for access. Such a fee depends on the nature and complexity of your access request. Information on the processing fee will be made available to you.
Please contact us (please see the “Contact us” section below) for details on how you may request such access or corrections.
- contacting our School Affairs Executives at the outlet that your child is currently enrolled in (please refer to www.berriesworld.com/contact-us for the contact details); or
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 29 December 2022