17 March 2020
In light of the rapid spread of the COVID-19, Berries has implemented various precautionary measures to safeguard the well-being of our students.
- Travel Declaration By Staff
- All staff are strongly advised against travelling overseas during this period.
- Classrooms are disinfected after every class.
- Students will bring their own stationery to avoid sharing the items.
- For Quarantine Cases
- Should we be informed by parents that their child has been issued a Quarantine Order by the Ministry of Health:
- Students in the same class shall be placed on Leave of Absence. Teachers in the class shall also be placed on Leave of Absence.
- Home-Based Learning (HBL) will be provided for affected students. In the event that HBL is not available, a medical voucher will be issued.
Parents' and Students' Efforts:
- Travel Declaration
- Parents are to complete a travel declaration form by 15 March 2020. A NIL return is required. If you have not done so, please submit the form immediately. The link was sent via SMS. If you have not received it, please contact us. Click here for contact details.
- If there are changes to your travel plans or you have subsequent travel plans, do update us by informing our School Affairs Executives via phone or email.
- If your child has returned from an overseas trip on 14 March or later, please let your child rest at home for 14 days before resuming lessons at Berries. Home-Based Learning is available for students who are unable to attend lessons for these two weeks due to reasons related to COVID-19. For more information on the Home-Based Learning, please contact the outlet that your child is in.
- Social Distancing Measures
- Parents are encouraged to stand further apart from one another while waiting to pick up your child.
- It is strongly advised that just one parent/guardian comes to pick up your child after class. This will reduce the number of people waiting outside the school premises.
- Leave the waiting area immediately after picking up your child.
We will continue to implement the precautionary measures put in place previously and monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. We can play our part by being socially responsible and practicing good personal hygiene habits, including staying home if feeling unwell.
We thank you for your continued support and trust in Berries and look forward to working together with you to ensure the well-being of our students.
School Management Committee
Berries World of Learning School